It is time for the annual re-registration of all scouts and adults in Troop 622, the process known as recharter.
This is different from registering for BSA. Failure to complete all the necessary steps will mean that your scout will not
be registered for the upcoming year.
Registration Deadline October 18, 2016
Youth Fees: $55 ($60 after October 11, 2016
Adult Fees: $35 ($40 after October 11, 2016)
Register your SCOUT and at least one PARENT Volunteer
The preferred method would be to fill out the Recharter Form online. It's fast, easy and self-explanatory. As always you can fill out the registration form below, print it, and return it to Blanca Fisher or Dave Fisher. At least one Fisher will be available at the start of troop meetings to answer questions and/or collect paperwork with payments attached.
To Register Online
- Check your YPT Status, if it expires before August of 2017, it will NOT be current
- Click Recharter Form - fill out form
- Print summary page
- Pay any overdue Scout Dues - Most scouts are behind on their dues
- Fill out the Boy Scouts Medical form part A, B & C - link at bottom of page (Doc Signature needed)
- Return Summary page, Medical form with attached payment to a troop meeting by due date
- After Oct 11, the online form will no longer reflect the discounted fee
To Register by Downloading a Form
- Download, print, and fill out Recharter form pdf - Link at bottom of page
- Download, print and fill out (part A, B & C) Boy Scouts Medical Form pdf - Link at bottom of page
- Check your YPT Status if it expires before August of 2017, it will NOT be current
- If your YPT is not current you must go through training and send me a copy of your certificate
- Please select at least one volunteer position
- Return completed forms with attached payment & updated YPT form to a troop meeting by due date
- This fee covers National registration fee, Boys Life and insurance.
- Online registration is quick and easy
- Scout and at least one Adult must register
- We are a TEAM & NEED your Help - Please volunteer for at least one positions
- Want a quick & easy position - try Board of Reviews or host a Parent Meeting
- Youth Protection Training (YPT) is a MUST - see below for more information
- Scout Dues must be paid in full to complete registration
- The registration fees must be paid at a troop meeting - see Payment Options below
- BS medical form (part A, B & C) needed - link at bottom of this page (Doc Signature needed)
Youth Protection Training
- Verify your training is current - Go to my.Scouting.org
- Log in (note this is not your troop or gmail account, but a completely separate username and password for the BSA)
- Click the "Menu" on the top left hand side, then click "My Dashboard"
If it expires before August of 2017 - click "Retake Course"
Pay Registration Fee
The registration fees must be paid at a troop meeting.
For 2017, the troop registration fees are $55 per youth and $35 per adult, which includes the national registration fee, Boy's Life subscription, and insurance. The fees must be paid in person at a troop meeting by either
- check (made out to Troop 622 and with all names written in the memo field), or
- woodsale account
For those using woodsale funds, please note
- There must be funds currently available in your scout's Woodsale account; anticipated funds from this year's Woodsale cannot be used as they will not become available until after the close of the registration period.
- Scout should see the Scribe ASM, Mr. Duane Phillips, and fill out a Woodsale Transfer Slip for the amount of registration fees due.
- The scout's copy of the Woodsale Transfer Slip is then presented to Blanca Fisher for recording of registration fees paid.
Please contact me with any questions via email at RecharterChair, or phone me. My number is on the troop roster.
Thank you for your prompt attention to getting this done in a timely manner.